Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Sunday 2 April 2017

Blueberry muffins

This morning, I decided to bake plain blueberry muffins for treat.

I used Anna Olson's recipe of classic streusel blueberry muffins but this time, I excluded the streusel from the recipe.  I just wanted to watch my weight.

Preparation is key to baking.  I had all the ingredients in my pantry so I just got on with gathering and mixing them.  I replaced the butter with sunflower spread which made the mixture look more like a batter.  

This time, I just used all the blueberries from the packet that I bought for the previous blueberry muffins.  I also bought a box of 300g frozen blueberries from Aldi for £1.49, compared to Waitrose's £2.20 400g frozen blueberries.  I think they have increased the price to £2.30.  Aldi's frozen blueberries are the cheapest.

Below are the photos of my blueberry muffins:














No comments:

Post a Comment