Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Friday 31 March 2017

Baking disaster : Mooncakes

This morning, I attempted to make mooncakes using the mung bean paste and the new mooncake moulds from Malaysia.

I prepared the mooncake skin following an online recipe and the given steps.  See the photos below for the result.  

I am totally disappointed with the result.  This means, I will have to look for better recipes. 

I am unsure about what went wrong apart from the dough of the mooncake skin had been kept in the fridge for four days.  And, the oven was not been preheated and the temperature was set at 180'C. They were baked for 15 minutes.  

There was a bit of dough left so I decided to make some biscuits.  They taste better than the mooncakes!

One thing for sure : don't use mung bean paste for filling.  It's best to use red bean (adzuki beans) paste or lotus paste or durian paste.

Lesson learned!

Photo 1: baked mooncakes

Photo 2: close up photo of the baked mooncakes




No comments:

Post a Comment