Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Monday 27 March 2017

Cinnamon Rolls Part Deux

I made some cinnamon rolls yesterday to see if the only recipe in my previous blog worked.  I was still unable to make the rolls look like those in online Youtube videos.

I think the problem is probably due to the texture of the dough and the lack of kneading in my case.  I used a spatula and hand to knead the dough instead of using a food mixer.

The texture of the finished roll is good.

Once I get myself a food mixer, I'll try the cinnamon roll recipe in my previous blog to see if the shape of the rolls has improved.

For the filling, this time, I just mixed 60g brown sugar and 15g cinnamon powder in a bowl by using a fork to stir them all together.  Then, I brushed 50g melted unsalted butter on the flattened dough.  I sprinkled the sugar-cinnamon mixture on the flattened dough before rolling it into a roll.  This amended process helped the filling easily distributed and stuck to the flattened dough.

Below are the photos of my second attempt on the cinnamon roll recipe:






No comments:

Post a Comment