Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Sunday 19 March 2017

Homemade orange and lemon zests without a grater/ zester

I have been making fruit juice on a daily basis.  However, I have been throwing away the pulps from the juice into the bin bag because I have no garden to turn this green waste into compost.

There are several obvious solutions.  One of them is to use them to make muffins.  However, I discourage myself from eating too many muffins.  

Another solution is to dry the skins in the oven.  If I need to use lemon/ orange zest in my recipe, I'll just chop the dried lemon/orange skins into small pieces.  I dried the skins in the oven today.  Voilà!


slices of dried orange skin

slices of dried lemon skin

No comments:

Post a Comment