Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Cinnamon Rolls - Part 4

Today, I made cinnamon rolls for the fourth time although the second attempt had never been mentioned before.

I managed to knead the dough on my glass worktop.  This time, I applied a lot of flour on the surface of the worktop to prevent the dough from sticking on it.  I was able to form a proper shaped dough like those on Youtube videos.  I was really excited but had to wait for 1.5 hours for the dough to rise. 

This time, I applied some cooking oil to the bowl before placing the dough in it.

Patience is a great virtue.  The dough doubled in size after 1.5 hours.  This time, the dough was easier to be removed from the bowl where it had sat due to the coating of the cooking oil in the bowl.  

I sprinkled some flour on the glass worktop and on the dough before it was taken out of the bowl.  I found that the rolling of the dough easier as the dough was not sticking to the glass worktop.  I was able to roll the dough four times this time.  The shape of a cinnamon roll had formed successfully.

I placed the cinnamon rolls in a tray and left it in the cold oven to rise for another 1.5 hours.

After 1.5 hours, I simply insert the tray into the preheated oven at 180'C and baked for 15 minutes.

Voila!  Enjoy the photos!

Photo 1: dough is ready for rising

Photo 2: waiting to rise

Photo 3: cinnamon sugar filling

Photo 4: waiting for the second rise

Photo 5: ready for baking

Photo 6: close up of ready cinnamon rolls

Photo 7: freshly baked cinnamon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment