Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Recipes for Malaysian snacks for tea

I came across a list of recipes of Malaysia's popular tea snacks online today.  I thought it would be excellent to share the information with the public.  It's in Malay, though.

One of my favourite snacks on the list is cucur udang or deep fried prawn fritters.  They usually come with a bowl of chili or satay sauce.  When I was in Malaysia, I would have the snack at around 15:00pm for tea.  This is how I spent my early childhood in the country.

Cucur udang or deep fried prawn fritters*

Apam balik or Malaysian peanut pancake is also found on the list of recipes.  The last time I had was in Singapore in July 2009.  I was visiting my siblings at that time.  A classic Malaysian tea snack, apam balik is better freshly served out of the pan and must contain a tablespoon of cream corns on top of ground peanuts & sugar mixture.  

Apam balik aka Malaysian pancake**

* Photo copied from the website below:

**Photo copied from the website below:

No comments:

Post a Comment