Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Monday 13 March 2017

Baking disaster : Cinnamon rolls

Today, I attempted to make cinnamon rolls after watching an online video on Youtube.  The video is given below.

I followed the recipe but added an extra 90g all purpose flour and over floured the worktop- in this case, it was a non-stick tray that I later used to bake the same cinnamon rolls.

Disaster occured!  But, the fragrance from the cinnamon rolls filled up the entire apartment which I felt compensated from the disaster.

The cinnamon rolls were more irregular shaped buns than rolls.  I got the texture right, though.  Altough two tablespoons of sugar were added to the dough, I could not taste the sugar in the buns except the one from the cinnamon mixture.

See the photos of my cinnamon buns (not rolls!).  Overall, the recipe in the video worked!

The recipe is given below:
Dough
500g plain flour
5g or 1 tsp salt
30g or 2 tbsp brown sugar (any type will do)
56g melted unsalted butter (vegetable oil is ok)
15g or 2.25 packets of instant dried yeast
1 cup of lukewarm milk (1/3 is used to mix with the yeast)
2 eggs (I used two large eggs.  I think it's best to use small or medium eggs)

Filling
2 tsp or 13g cinnamon powder
90g icing sugar (I used the same brown sugar because I forgot entirely about the icing sugar)
70g unsalted butter at room temperature

Icing
120g icing sugar
30ml milk
1tsp vanilla extract



Video

Photo 1: what a shape!

Photo 2: the bun is nice and soft

Photo 3:  They were meant to be rolls, not mishaped buns

No comments:

Post a Comment