Featured post

TV Series: 大秦帝國第三部之崛起 The Qin Empire III

I'd been waiting for the Qin empire 3 for almost 2 years.  It's now been released!!! The emperor (played by Zhang Bo in the series...

Thursday 23 February 2017

Chinese Shao Xing wine (or also known as Hua Tiao Chiew)

I recently bought a bottle of this cooking wine for my lor mai gai recipe.  I thought I had bought the wrong wine as the name, Hua Tiao Chiew, does not really sound like Shao Xing.

Luckily, many online blogs confirmed that both are the same.

It cost £4.25 (640ml or £1 per 150ml)  at the Loon Fung grocery store in Stratford, East London.  Sainsbury also sells the wine as well as Tesco and Waitrose.

It is also available on Amazon.

I am looking forward to using the wine in my lor mai gai recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment